Friday, February 23, 2018

A Day Out in London

 

Happy Federal Day to all my Kuala Lumpur colleague and friends. Happy Holiday, all!

After went outside the City of London (the other day I went to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Oxford), I decided to travel leisurely, slowly and steady on February 1st. It was sunny that day, but strong wind. I was shivering, my skin dries, my lips bleed, suddenly my face got a lot of pimples, and my selfie photo..... *sigh* I wish I have time to Photoshop them out.

All right. First of all, I went to Kensington Palace @ Kensington Garden. There's a beautiful Round Pond in front of the palace. And, there's Lady Diana Fashion Exhibition (Diana : Her Fashion Story) inside the palace @ £17.

Then, proceed to Queensway for One Pound Shop to buy a body lotion at £1 only. And managed to grab a Chicken Kebab at Taza Kebab House at £5.50. Queensway/Bayswater are also the best/cheap place if you wanna buy local souvenirs (key-chain, fridge magnet, T-shirt, mug, bag etc). For example, 15pcs of fridge magnet only at £10.

What's next?
After had my kebab lunch, I took a Tube ride from Bayswater to South Kensington (Circle line) and change to Piccadilly line to Knightsbridge. Take an Exit to Hans Cres (Crescent Street) to Harrods. Harrods here is wayyyy bigger compared to the shop outlet in KLCC, Malaysia. of course! All 7 floors; selling from toys, accessories, designer, sportswear, furniture, electronics items... to fresh seafood. For a Harrods' purse collector like me, you can go straight to Harrods Gift Shop at the 2nd floor ya.


Harrods is also available at Terminal 3, London Heathrow Airport
Took a walk to the nearby Harvey Nichols. Nothing much! But I end up, bought some bubble tea at Bubbleology. I miss Malaysia's Tealive so badly! #homesick haha
.
. Honestly, I don't know where else to go. At first, I thought I wanna take a Tube ride to Holborn station and walk back to the hotel, so I can have a good rest. But, another thought... the day is still early. Seriously, it was 3pm that time. So, I changed my mind and stop at Piccadilly Circus, and from The Regent Street, I walked back to the hotel via Leicester Square and Covent Garden. It's not too far than expected. Because if I get-off from Holborn station, I still need to walk for 15-mins to the hotel. Whereas, if I walk from Piccadilly Circus station to hotel only takes 25-mins walk (10-mins different only). Well?...

The other day, I already went to the Chinatown. So this time, I took a walk at Leicester Square (north side of National Gallery). Enjoy the street performances and busker. Also, I saw plenty of Theater advertisement there. I went to the TKTS booth (official London theater ticket seller) to see the theater price and show time. Apparently, all shows are night shows, starts from 7pm at least. Need to discuss with my husband first. There's more than 50 shows available and I'm considering either "Comedy about a Bank Robbery", "Disney's Aladdin", "Disney's Lion King" or "Wicked". What do you think?

Proceed back to hotel via Covent Garden Market. There's a London Transport Museum behind the market @ £17. Why?? Why the admission tickets here are so expensive?

While walking down the street, I realized that there's a lot of Theater Hall nearby the hotel we stayed.


= End of Day 3 'self-exploring' =

No comments:

Post a Comment