Wednesday, July 10, 2013

endoScope & thyRoid

This entry was published in 2013. Until now, 2021; I still am thyroid patience. 
But hypothyroid - result after I drank the radioactive iodine
I miscarriage twice, they said due to thyroid storm.
Still under treatment, still under medication.
How thyroid badly effect and change my life.

what??? scope? thyroid? errkkk??? what the hell?
if I didn't got diarrhea for 3-weeks long (if possible I want to make it 1 month); there's no way I will do some research thru Wikipedia and Google image about it. mcm bagus jek. well we now do have Dr. Google for reference!

At first I thought, this is one of the so-called effects from the Food Poisoning which I got from the Bandung trip 2yrs ago. since that 'tragedi oktober' (indeed, it happened in October), I always felt pain at my stomach. The doctor initially suspected appendix. then probably I am a healthy girl, I recovered just like that. but then, the diarrhea happened. till I me myself have lost count how many time in a day I went to the loo and for how long. wanna take a guess? I went seen the doctor later on, and honestly I was real nervous when the doctor from Klinik Desa mentioned the word "scope". what! a camera inside my intestine? doesn't sound good to me.

nak dijadikan cheritera, on 4th of June... I broke up with my boyfriend. Well, like anyone else; I don't feel great and lost my appetite. "Makan tak berapa nak Kenyang"... my biggest mistake when I ate my breakfast I bought that morning at 6pm. damn! the Nasi Lemak still taste OK that time. but later I regretted. I got diarrhea for days.

then on 26th June... (exactly after 3 weeks); I decided to have movie marathon at GSC Mid Valley, to watch > Now You See Me and Monster University.. (sempat tgok wayang kau). Finished movie, I went over to Permaisuri, Cheras for "Sup Meletop"!!! the best soup in town! yeah, memang meletop2 my stomach. and that not-so-fine night (after 7-8 times I made a visit to the toilet), I finally decided to the clinic. As expected, the doctor 'force' me to undergo the "scope" session. he do warned me "don't run away. I give you recommendation letter, you go to TDMC at 11am and see Dr. Matvinder"... all right, doctor ~~~ sigh

so on 27th, I was hospitalized... there's no such great moment if you are being hospitalized. it was extra terrible when you needed to drink one big jug of whatever medicine drink in order to clear up your intestines. I only managed to drink half, don't care what the nurses are saying. lantak pi la nak bising ke nak kata ape. because the water taste very bad! plus I was been asked to fast. just to make sure the doctor can perfectly view the intestines. but before the 'operation', I got the X-ray and Ultrasound results - shows that I'm super duper healthy. Alhamdulillah~

on the next day, at 10am... they pushed me to the 'operation room'. they asked me to swallow 'something' to make my mouth numb. Before I pass-out due to anesthesia, I need to bite a plastic thing with hole like a doughnut - for them to insert the tube with wire and camera to my body. 

video  


Around 3pm, I woke up and fully conscious. Start felt the pain at my throat especially when drink the warm water. The result from the scoping thingy, the doctor found one bacteria called salmonella... in orange color. But we still need to wait till that bacteria turn its color; to yellow means 'negative' = it doesn't harm. but if it turns to red (positive) then I'll dead!

on 29th June, the things turn into yellow.. Alhamdulillah... but the doctor seems unsatisfied, he done more and more test on me. Another ultrasound on my neck and the blood test. positive Thyroid!... even triple higher than normal. Okey, I think I need to extend my stay at the hospital till the following Monday. what a boring stay, and painful - I hate when they put a needle to my vein. after the treatment, doctor let me home with a plenty of medicine. But the best part is... a long medical leave. yeahuuuuu!!!!

It was 1st July, the day I discharge and paid only RM 16 for the procedure / registration fee and the rest of the bills amounted RM7,651.67 are fully covered by AIA Insurance *Medical card*... but to tell you the truth, I wasn't fully recovered. I just can't stand staying too long at the hospital. When I take a few steps to reach my car right in front of the hospital, I threw up twice. yeah, not fit and not healthy yet... "degil betullah!" yes, I am stubborn but to smell the medicine and to eat hospital food? nahhh, no turning back, okeh~~

the effects from this Thyroid
1) trembling or shaking hands but nothing serious like Parkinson; 
2) heartbeat goes fast - mine 100. normal rate 60 per minute.
(even watch Rajalawak comedy dup dap dup dap) 
at one point, I have to consume Inderal for my heart; 
3) dizziness similar to migraine or high blood pressure; 
4) big eater but skinny (my weight maintain at 42-45kg); 
5) hot temper, seriously!; 
6) serious hair fall; and 
7) easily gets tired ...
 
most doctors (I went few other hospitals to get other opinions) told me that this thyroid is normal to attack the young lady like me. mine is not serious, no need surgery.


Test Result:-
Low Protein    61g/L     normal 63 - 82
Low Globulin 23g/L     normal 25 - 40
High AST       42U/L    normal 14 - 36
Salmonella thphi O                1:40    normal <1:40
Salmonella O paratyphi A     1:40    normal <1:40
Proteus OXK                         1:40    normal <1:40
Proteus OX19                        1:80    normal <1:40
Proteus OX2                          1:40    normal <1:40
Thyroid Stimulationg hormone    0.010 mIU/L   ref 0.27 - 4.2
Free T3                                         16.6 pmol/L    ref 3.5 - 6.5
Free T4                                         51.6 pmol/L    ref 9.0 - 25.0

I must apologize, my Samsung Camera need to be fixed. Camera pon nk join saket mcm tuan dia.. so, for better & clear picture, need to wait for the camera to be discharged.. ni ada la seciput gambar yang ok... boring2 di hospital, upload picture mintak simpati kat FB ke tu? huhu

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


iklan....
Movie Marathon for a single lady?
Yeah! I did it!
Managed to watch Now You See Me and Monster University 
Nope, I wasn't alone. I was with them, the people in the hall 

anyway, I would like to wish
Happy fasting and Happy Ramadhan 1434H, All...
Selamat Berpuasa, Bersahur & Berbuka Puasa skali

2 comments:

  1. aduh sengsara tu pit. akak yg sakit perut ni pun dah tak tahan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ada bce entry akak aritu. food poisoning kan? sgt2 sengsara kak. mmg redha jek, mlm td lps berbuka cirit birit lagi, sejam 7x pegi membuang... akak skrg cmne? msok air x?

      Delete